NEWITY is America’s Small Business Marketplace, focused on empowering entrepreneurs with access to trusted service providers and loan solutions. We are looking for a Loan Specialist to join our Credit & Underwriting team.
In this role, you will initially be assisting members apply for forgiveness of their Paycheck Protection Program (“PPP”) loans with a goal of eventually transitioning to our SBA 7(a) loan team. You will be expected to gain an in-depth knowledge of PPP and the loan forgiveness process. NEWITY offers a fast-paced start-up environment, where you will need to adapt quickly and learn on the fly. This role is a great entry into the lending industry and will provide a learning opportunity for those looking to pursue a career in the space.
- College degree required
- 1-2 years of work experience preferred
- Financial, business, or accounting experience preferred
- Comfortable managing multiple deliverables at once
- Able to multi-task under time pressure
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to take on challenges
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Comfortable working and learning independently
- Proficiency in excel required
Description & Responsibilities
- Evaluate the accuracy and authenticity of documentation provided by members
- Manage workload/backlog to ensure reasonable turnaround times and response time to members and team members
- Partner with members to ensure proper documentation is provided in support of loan forgiveness
- Advise members on how to prepare forgiveness applications
- Ensure adherence to required PPP regulations
- Work with other review team members to finalize applications
- Assist with other facets of the loan forgiveness process as needed
- As needed, this person may need to support the loan servicing effort
- Perform other ad hoc duties, as needed
NEWITY is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.